Monday, April 2, 2012

An interview with Bollywood actor Vidyut Jammwal published in Yuva.

Force To Reckon

By Tanusree Charaborty



Vidyut Jammwal who plays John Abraham’s opponent in Force, wants to be the biggest action star in Bollywood. This model-turned-actor bagged a role in the movie accidentally. The actor who was travelling when the auditions were going on, met the director after his return and showed him one of his action videos. The director instantly liked him and asked Vidyut to audition for the role after he was briefed on the plot. He beat hundreds of people and bagged the role of Vishnu – a normal guy whose character gets progressively psychotic.

Life after your debut in Force: Life has almost taken a 360 degree turn. Everything seems to be better. I am enjoying the kind of attention I get these days.

Your martial art repertoire: I started learning martial arts at the age of three. I have spent most of my childhood at an ashram in Kerala where I learned it. I am also a National level gymnast. I even have a stunt team of 12 boys who reside in the slums of Matunga and Dharavi in Mumbai who I have trained myself. The martial art that I practice is an amalgamation of different forms such as jujutsu, gymnastics, etc.

Action flicks or experimental roles: I want to set a benchmark as an action hero so I would prefer to do more action flicks. But at the same time, I would like to try roles in comedies, dramas and romantic movies too. I would love to experiment with the roles I play.

Vidyut in real life and in reel life: There is a contrast. In real life, I believe in integrity and honesty. I am not a party animal and there are no late nights for me.
Rugged look or clean shaven look: It entirely depends on my mood. I love both looks.

Your idea of a perfect woman would be: Well, the person should be open and honest. Self introspection is a must. I believe in beauty that’s within.

One thing that no one knows about you: On a day when I am not shooting, I train for 10 hours.

Essentials in a guy’s closet: A pair of superb shoes, sports glares and every guy should own own a good suit and an amazing watch.
  
Social networking to you is: A superb tool. But honestly speaking, this phenomenon hasn’t hit me yet.

Your thoughts on the saying, “You’re single until you’re married”: It is just a state of mind. If a person is committed then she/he is simply committed. Be it before marriage or after marriage. I do not believe in this saying.

One actress you find sexy: There are two actually – Kareena Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra.

Worst pick-up line that a woman has used on you: Where are the women who use pick-up lines these days?

[As told to Tanusree Chakraborty]

1 comment: